Some of my spare time this summer has been spent re-reading the Harry Potter series. One of my most beloved books, I am now realizing its appeal to young people, particularly young boys. I remember when the books were first released. I was just entering high school, and I was very surprised to find that many young boys were reading these lengthy books. This really speaks for the content and writing given that so many young people were willing to stick with reading and completing the series.
Upon reflecting on the readings in Chance, I realize that so many of thes young people were able to escape into a different world unaccesible in reality. Boys in particular have this desire almost ingrained in them. As an individual who is so fond of reading, it is incredibly disappointing for me, especially as a teacher, to know that so many young people miss out on the enjoyment of reading. Harry Potter will, however, always be my go-to series to try to enspire any reluctant reader to read. Thanks J. K. Rowling!
No comments:
Post a Comment